Tuesday, February 8, 2011

44 weeks


Yep, that's how big I measured at me 36 week check yesterday. The doctor tried to reassure me that it wasn't baby that was that big it was the fluid. All I have to say is either way it is just as uncomfortable. The doctor said that they don't usually induce till 39 weeks for extra fluid, but if I go into labor it is okay. He did do the one thing in his office he could to try and get labor going. If you don't know what it is I am not going share. So, what does that mean for me. Off the sofa and move this body. A friend told me she thought all I needed to do was go for a 5 minute walk and I should be in labor. Here's hoping! If you have any suggestions please share. I am dilated almost 2 cm compared to just slightly dilated on Thursday. The doctors best guess was I might make it another week. I am getting very excited to meet this little bundle, but am prepared to wait it out too.

2 comments:

  1. Ruth, that image is amazing!!! 44 weeks...yikes! Whether it is baby or fluid, I can see how you would be uncomfortable. Praying for you friend, you are doing an amazing job! By the way, I can't wait to try your refried bean recipe...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...what a face!! So precious!! I can't wait to "SEE" him in your arms. There are two things I've always done to get labor going...lots of walking and, do I have to say the other? Chances are, if you are pregnant, you know all about it ;) I'll be praying for a safe easy delivery for both of yoU! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete