Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Male Nesting!!

Jeff always has some sort of sympathy for me during pregnancy. Sympathy pain, weight gain, and much more. This time he is having male nesting. I am usually a big nester. This time I scrubbed the bath tub with a toothbrush. With Melia Jeff came home to a very pregnant wife on a ladder scrubbing the kitchen ceiling. Anyways, back to Jeff. I don't know if it hit him how soon baby will be with us, but projects started! Little things like Costco shopping, filling the gas tank in the van, dump runs, and goodwill trips. Then there were the big things. Like how we are going to fit all our kids into this house. So, bed building began. Samantha got the bed she has been waiting for since last summer. All those drawers are nice space saving areas for books, but I am sure will need a regular going through. Since the girls live in an attic space it meant taking the bed completely apart to get it upstairs then putting it back together. I got that job(which I love doing). Melia moved up to Samantha's old loft bed. Kellina got a twin mattress and moved down to the bottom of the loft bed. I call them Doyle bunk beds. Then the toddler beds the girls sleep in came down stairs. Also had to be taken all apart and reassembled(again my job again I love it!). Then one crib was torn down(by me) and taken to the dump(it was thrashed). The other crib was assembled for a baby and cute decor added. The toddler beds became the little boys bed. I had to also add some cute decor for them. Jeff does a poster for all our kids with their life verse and baby photos. The boys were just finished so to the wall they went.So far all the male nesting has kept this house moving forward towards baby readiness. To review. Upstairs Samantha now has her dream bed. Melia and Kellina are in Doyle bunk beds. Due to low ceilings real bunk beds are out. Downstairs the little boys are in toddler beds(and staying in them) and the baby has a cute crib. Next on the list is reorganizing closets to fit things better. Jeff is planning to put up open shelving in the boys room and I am planning to purge the girls closet.


Side note about baby. Yesterday I saw my OB. He has only seen me twice. My OB was put on bed rest for her pregnancy. Last week I tried to get the point across about a lot of extra fluid and big baby. He didn't seem to care. This week he wanted an ultrasound done right away because the amount of extra fluid I have is SO great. Because of insurance I have to wait until tomorrow, but he may decide to deliver baby depending on the results. I now have to go in for weekly Non-Stress Tests because this could be a very serious situation. Because I have SO much fluid. I am not worried as baby is very active and always has a nice strong heart beat. I am dilated to 2 1/2 cm and just waiting. I am hoping that tomorrow I will be told its time to deliver, but I trust God's timing in it all.

2 comments:

  1. I had big babies and extra fluid w/ my last 3 babies and didn't get to have any of them early. =(
    And I'm a firm believer that they should just change the name to "stress-test" because there is nothing "non-stressing" about it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Very nice work, Jeff (and RUTH!!). So is the crib in your room. I am trying to make sense of this in my head!! It really looks nice and I love the crib bedding!!!

    P.S. bought that turtle outfit at Target tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete