Friday, February 11, 2011

The perfect fix.


Yesterday all I wanted was a pumpkin muffin. Well, going into labor was also on the list. The second never happened, but thanks to the Bergeron family the first was a cinch. It required walking to the store for some ingredients, but I was fine with that remember the labor thing. I have blogged about these yummy treats before, but I thought I would share the recipe. Not all of you are as addicted to the Bergeron blog as me. So any one out there who wants a simple perfect pumpkin bread here it is.
Mix:
6 cups flour
4 teaspoons salt
4 cups sugar
4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
Separately combine:
29 oz (31/2 cups) pumpkin puree
2 cups oil
8 eggs
1 cup water

Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, do not over mix. Pour into four greased loaf pans(or muffin tins). Bake 1 hour at 350 or until knife comes out clean. If you are doing muffins it takes about 15 minutes. This recipe does make a lot and if you want you can freeze loaves or cut the recipe in half. We never have a problem eating all that we make. They make a yummy treat or breakfast. I enjoyed mine with tea. It was Raspberry leaf tea which is suppose to help start contractions. I drink it at the end of every pregnancy as it usually at least kicks in some braxton hicks. I need to mention here that my last recipe was not a Doyle original either. It turns out some felt bad their name was not attached to it. So all the credit of the yummy re-fried beans has to be given to the Thames family. Thank you to all the wonderful families who are willing to share their house hold recipes and in doing so have blessed my family with many treats. Next on our list will be scones also from the Bergeron blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment