Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Reading!!

Yesterday was a big day for one little girl. Kellina(4) read me a book. It was a simple Bob book, which I have talked about before when Melia(5) was learning to read. No matter how simple though Kellina delighted in the fact that she read to mom. Then after dinner she read to dad. It is one of the things I love most about being a mom. Seeing the connection made from letters, to sounds, to words, to a book. In case you are curios I used Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. I used it for both Melia and Kellina. I know that it is not a book for all, but it has worked well for us. I do not use just it though. My kids get to bored. Kellina was able to read her Bob books to me after just a few lessons. I am finding teaching Kellina some of the letter sounds is more difficult. I don't know if it is because she is tongue tied or because she is a unique learner that I need to get to know better. Either way I am so excited to start on the path of learning with her.

1 comment: