Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 23rd

For most of you yesterday was probably just like any other day. For me it was my 30th birthday!! It started like most days. Running around in the morning to try and get the kids ready for the day. Yesterday I was lucky and got to slip a shower into the day:) Next we loaded up and headed to a book exchange. It was fun to be around other moms and see the kids excited over books. I also got a gift from my friends daughter. Her and Melia than sang me Happy Birthday. It was very sweet. When we left there we met up with Jeff and headed down to an orthodontist appointment. Samantha being the sweet heart she is got blue and orange bands in honor of me!! Once we got home we left most the kidos with Jeff's mom and went to dinner. Isaiah tagged along for that. Jeff got me two very thoughtful gifts. A container to hold my coupons and a new Bible. I have been using his more than mine so he got me one like his. After dinner we enjoyed a quick coffee by the water. We headed home dropped Isaiah off grabbed the motorcycle and hit the movies. We went and saw Soul Surfer. We were the only two people in the entire theatre. We both enjoyed the movie very much. To top the night off I came home to this. So sweet. And the weird thing. Last night I pulled Isaiah into bed with me. Around 330 I had a very vivid dream of bright white light and a cross. When I woke up Isaiah was on my mind like never before. I touched his head and it was so cold. I felt his chest and didn't feel him breathing. I sat straight up and gave him an aggressive rub down. I didn't stop till I knew he was moving and breathing. I then wrapped him up and thanked God for him. I also reminded myself that really he is only in my care, but truly belongs to the Lord. This morning I am not sure that he really wasn't breathing. I may have been so surprised by how cold he was I didn't real give checking his breathing much time. When I began to tell Jeff he immediately thought of the movie we watched which for sure could have played a major rule in the event. Meaning influenced the dream and how concerned for Isaiah I was. I don't know what really happened last night, but I know that this morning I have a new view of how my children are truly a blessing and not fully mine. Thank you Lord for all your mercy.

1 comment:

  1. wow - that was an amazing 24 hours my friend, so glad all is well and that God saw fit to let you keep precious little Isaiah a while longer! Have fun camping, and we do hope to come and bother you if the weather is decent!

    ReplyDelete