Monday, May 9, 2011

Surviving not thriving



That is how I feel our family has been doing for the last couple weeks. We have been hit hard by a bug that just doesn't want to go away. We are now on the up swing and I can only pray that the two kids who didn't get sick stay that way. I am currently giving two kiddos antibiotics for ear infections. Kellina is getting them for possible strep or sinus infection. Seems Caleb's body was better at fighting off his ear infection and didn't need to be treated with antibiotics. So here's hoping they don't get yucky tummies to end it all. I also feel this is how my walk with the Lord has been going lately also. Due to different things happening in my life I realize I have been very bitter towards the Lord. Feeling as if he doesn't care about me or my problems. I had stopped praying because it didn't seem to matter anyways. How wrong my prideful heart was. Also thanks to different things happening I have been shown that I have allowed false thoughts to be in my heart and head. I am in prayer now that the Lord will cause my heart to be overflowing for love for him. That I would hunger for his word more than any other thing(food included). I have begun to memorize scripture so I have true things and not lies in my heart and head. I am ready to let the Lord in and take over!!! I am ready to be thriving once again.

3 comments:

  1. Ruth - praise the Lord! He is working in your life in the midst of difficulties...He is doing and will do great things in Your life when you reach out to Him. Praying for you everyday!

    PS Esther got sick with this "bug" last night...

    ReplyDelete
  2. His strength is made perfect in our weakness. Meditate on Phil 4:4-8 or memorize. "Whatever is true" I am sorry Ruth. I will be praying for you for the Lord to answer your prayers just as you requested, and if not, that you see His loving hand holding your curcumstances and strengthening you in other ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ruth, i can soooo identify with hardships of sickness that drag on and on.....
    i looooovvvveee this song. you should look it up on youtube: it's laura story- "blessings" so encouraging for times like these! i will pray for you as you come out of the 'fog' :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete