Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The more I think



the more I wonder if what I thought happened really happened. I know that my dream happened. I know that Isaiah was sooooo cold, but was he really not breathing. I don't know. If he wasn't you think he would have required more than the rub down I gave him. You know that thing called CPR. He never cried or anything just stretched and yawned. No matter what really happened at 330 in the morning I have a new out look about my children. I am starting to see them in an entire new way. I see them as God's children. Ones that I get the joy of raising in a way that will make the Lord happy. Children are truly a blessing from the Lord that I pray will not become an idol of my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Ruth, that is awefully scary, but does create new food for thought, doesn't it. I had this once before and it is the most horrible experience. What an encouragement to see how your heart turned it into a praise of the Lord Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once woke up in the dead of night hearing weird sounds coming from Rebekah's crib...she had spit up after rolling on her back and was no longer breathing...it took several minutes before she was breathing anything close to normal. So scary and such an opportunity to come to grips with the fact that our children are on loan to us, until the Lord calls them home, in His perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete