Friday, October 9, 2009

Fix Freeze Feast!


I never thought that when I started doing this type of cooking Samantha would start to understand math better. The whys of math started clicking as we started to measure and divide out recipes. Samantha stopped suddenly and said,"Mom I get it now! The bottom number of the fraction tells you how many parts are in the whole amount." I don't always have enough measuring cups for these days so we may use 1/4 cup measuring cup. This means that if the recipe wants 1 cup you need to know how many 1/4 cups equal a whole cup. It was great to see this light bulb go off since we have talked about this concept before.

1 comment:

  1. You amaze me. Really. you do.

    I wish I had your patience. Teaching is an area that frustrates me because I don't know how to simplify what I know. You are doing an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete