Friday, October 16, 2009

Vaccines, bee stings, and upset tummies!

Today was the boys 9 month check up and all is well. Turns out they are happy, healthy, cute boys. Today we saw a resident instead of our regular doctor, so when I said no flu shot the question of why came up. Now with the flu shot my answer is simple. We never get them and never will. Then I was told the boys needed a Hep B shot. Well, Jeff and I have been debating if we were going to continue to vaccinate or not. I didn't think that we had any vaccines this trip so I hadn't put a lot of thought into it. The resident was very good about giving me info and not pushing the shot on me. I did get it in the end because I had no real argument not to. If you have any info you would like to share about why you do or don't vaccinate please enlighten me. I really am curious so I will better informed next time. For curious minds Caleb is 29 inches long and 19.10 pounds. For any Doyles out there his head is average and not huge. Joshua is 29 inches long and 20.7 pounds. His head is also very average. After the doctors we went to my sister's house to deliver birthday photos. Then it was off to Bonnie's house as Kellina called it(my mom's Bonnie is her puppy). Every thing was going well till I got stung twice on the arm and Joshua got stung on his tummy. It wasn't to bad really, but weird since we had been inside the entire visit. We think it snuck in on a pumpkin from the yard. Then we had dinner which was going well until Samantha came in and said "I'm going to lay on the couch for a while my tummy hurts." Luckily she is fine, but then it was Kellina's turn. "Mom! I have to go potty!" Oh what a mess that was. It was followed by a "Mom my tummy hurts." I decided it was time to pack my family up and give mom some quiet time and hope everyone is healthy in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. UGH...the squirts times 5!! That could be crazy.

    I should educate myself on vaccines. I get them. I myself never get the flu shot though, so why do it to my kids??!?! I'll have to give that some more thought.

    ReplyDelete