Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sisters sure can be different!


Last night I played a game with the girls. I called it the listening game. I know so clever I kill myself. I had Melia put her little chair in front of the TV. Whoever was in the chair got the spot light and whoever wasn't in the chair had to wait to talk(this killed Melia). I started by giving them simple commands to follow. Touch your nose, touch your chin. Then I let them share about their day with out interruption(Melia's favorite part). Next I said, "Melia tell me a story about a brown puppy." Here's her response.

Once there was a little brown puppy. He didn't have a mommy or a daddy. He was all alone. Then a little boy found him and took him and chained him up.

Me-Was he happy?

Melia-Yes he was and they had cake and ice cream.

I then asked Kellina, "Kellina tell me a story about a brown puppy." Her version went like this.

There was a black puppy and, and, he was with other puppies. He wasn't alone. A little boy came and asked his mom "Can I keep all these puppies?" and, and, his mom said yes. The end.

The two stories were so different and so true to each girl I wrote them down to share with all. By the way my story for Kellina doesn't contain all the times she said and which in now her big thing when she is talking. Its her own unique stutter.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet..the picture AND the stories. I was imagining "AND AND AND" as I read her version. I am sure it was much better with that in there. Your girls are too much...and I LOVE the game. We need to focus on listening around here!!

    ReplyDelete