Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Prayer warriors


Every day before school this year we start the day with prayer. One thing that is hard for me is to pray out load. This may seem silly, but I worry about what others may think. I think that giving God control over every detail of my day is important and I wanted the girls to see this in practice. I know that they won't judge me so its a win win situation. I practice praying out load and they see the example of giving God control. If we are always giving control to Him then worry shouldn't be around every corner. Anyways, this was suppose to be about how cute their prayers can be. Melia was praying and thanking God for all sorts of things. It made me smile when this made her list "Thank you God for giving us so many kids." In a day where kids seem to be a burden my daughter is catching on that it is a blessing to have children. Samantha continual makes me smile when she prays that we will get done with school quickly and Kellina's prayers are usually the most simple and end in "And thank you for God and Jesus." This was picked up from Melia. Prayer from a child what a wonderful thing!

1 comment:

  1. These are adorable.

    I too struggle with praying out loud!! WHY IS THAT?!?!? I am fine in front of Ian and the kids, but anyone else feels like a speech---actually worse. I can give speeches no problem. I am so in awe of people that pray out loud with the most eloquent perfect prayers. My brother-in-law's dad is amazing. So heartfelt, and so well said. I can only aspire!
    Here is Alivia's prayer before meals.
    "Thank you God for this day and for all our friends and family, help us to nurse (trying to say "nourish") our bodies. Amen.

    ReplyDelete