Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mushroom tour

Today at my moms I noticed mushrooms growing in her yard. I decided to take some photos. Jennifer these are for you.We then went on a walk down the road and all I could see was mushrooms. I'm sure people wondered what I was doing in their lawns, but I couldn't help myself. My mom informed me that the following mushrooms are edible and taste great. We didn't try any and I don't know that I would just trust my mom, but who knows maybe she went back for some. We saw one lawn covered in the edibles! The look of them alone turns me away, but they are free food!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh beautiful! I LOVE the pictures. You are so sweet. If you want some great nature photo ops right now, especially mushrooms, take your children to Berthusen park in Lynden. They have a wonderful nature trek set up that you and your children do together. The mushrooms there are not found(at least I have never found) anywhere else, including fluorescent red, blues, purples and beautiful ink caps, you need to hunt, but boy it can be rewarding. Oh, and the larges batches of Witches Butter you will ever see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..now I want to go to Lynden.

    Your photography is providing a different view on the world :)

    ReplyDelete